Terms and conditions
The following are a set of standard terms and conditions of sale to which you agree when placing an order with us.
1. Format of the Contract
- These terms and conditions of sale apply to all goods supplied by Sunsphere Ltd (the Supplier).
- No contract exists between you and the Supplier for the sale of any goods until the Supplier has received and accepted your order and the Supplier has received payment in full (in cleared funds). Once the Supplier does so, there is a binding legal contract between us, which is subject to these terms and conditions.
- Acceptance of your offer to buy the goods will not take place until your order status is changed to confirmed/completed.
- The contract is subject to your right of cancellation (see below).
- The Supplier may change these terms of sale without notice to you in relation to future sales.
2. Description and price of the goods
- The description and price of the goods you order will be as shown on the Supplier's website at the time you place your order.
- The goods are subject to availability. If on receipt of your order goods you have ordered are not available in stock, a refund of any sum that has been paid by you for those goods will be provided.
- Every effort is made to ensure that prices shown on the Supplier´s website are accurate at the time you place your order. If an error is found, the Supplier will inform you as soon as possible and offer you the option of reconfirming your order at the correct price, or cancelling your order.
- In addition to the price, you are required to pay a delivery charge for the goods.
- Payment for the goods and delivery charges can be made by any method shown on the Supplier's website at the time you place your order. Payment shall be due before the delivery date and time for payment shall be a fundamental term of this agreement, breach of which shall entitle the Supplier to terminate the contract immediately.
- There will be no delivery until cleared funds are received.
- The goods you order will be delivered to the delivery address you give when you place your order.
- Orders placed on a business day (Monday to Friday excluding bank holidays) will be processed and dispatched within 24 hours, provided all stock items are available.
- If delivery cannot be made to your address for reasons under the Supplier´s control the Supplier will inform you as soon as possible.
- If you deliberately fail to take delivery of the goods (otherwise than by reason of circumstances under control of the Supplier) then without prejudice to any other right or remedy available to the Supplier, the Supplier may sell the goods at the best readily obtainable price and (after deducting all reasonable storage and selling expenses) account to you for any excess over the price you agreed to pay for the goods or charge you for any shortfall below the price you agreed to pay for the goods.
- If you fail to take delivery because you have cancelled your contract under the Distance Selling Regulations the Supplier shall refund or re-credit you within 14 days for any sum that has been paid by you for the goods. On exercising your right to cancel you shall be required to return the goods to the Supplier. Should you fail to return the goods, the Supplier reserves the right to deduct any direct costs incurred by the Supplier in retrieving the goods as a result of such failure.
- Every effort will be made to deliver the goods as soon as possible after your order has been accepted. However, the Supplier will not be liable for any loss or damage suffered by you through reasonable or unavoidable delay in delivery. In this case, the Supplier will inform you as soon as possible.
- Upon receipt of your order you may be asked to sign for the goods received in good condition. If the package does not appear to be in good condition then please refuse the delivery.
5. Your right of cancellation
- You have the right to cancel the contract at any time up to the end of 14 working days after you receive the goods (see below).
- To exercise your right of cancellation, you must give notice to the Supplier by e-mail.
- Except in the case of faulty or misdescribed goods, if you exercise your right of cancellation after the goods have been delivered to you, you will be responsible for returning the goods to the Supplier at your own cost. The goods must be returned to the Supplier's address. You must take reasonable care to ensure the goods are not damaged in the meantime or in transit. In the case of faulty or misdescribed goods we shall, after receiving notification in accordance with clause 6.c or 6.d, ask you to return the goods yourself and refund you the reasonable postage costs.
- Once you have notified the Supplier that you are cancelling the contract, the Supplier will refund or re-credit you within 14 days of receipt of the returned goods.
- Except in the case of faulty or misdescribed goods, if you do not return the goods as required, the Supplier may charge you a sum not exceeding the direct costs of recovering the goods.
- All goods supplied by the Supplier are warranted free from defects for 12 months from the date of supply (unless otherwise stated). This warranty does not affect your statutory rights as a consumer.
- This warranty does not apply to any defect in the goods arising from fair wear, wilful damage, accident, negligence by you or any third party, use otherwise than as recommended by the Supplier, failure to follow the Supplier's instructions, or any alteration or repair carried out without the Supplier's approval.
- If the goods supplied to you are damaged on delivery, you should notify the Supplier by e-mail within 14 days.
- If the goods supplied to you develop a defect while under warranty or you have any other complaint about the goods, you should notify the Supplier by e-mail, as soon as possible, but in any event within 14 days of the date you discovered or ought to have discovered the damage, defect or complaint.
7. Limitation of liability.
- Except in respect of death or personal injury caused by the Supplier’s negligence, the Supplier will not by reason of any representation, implied warranty, condition or other term, or any duty at common law or under express terms of this contract, be liable for any loss of profit or any indirect, special or consequential loss, damage, costs, expenses or other claims which arise out of or in connection with the supply of the Goods and Services.
- The Customer shall indemnify the Supplier against all damages, costs, claims and expenses suffered by arising from loss or damage to any equipment (including that of third parties) caused by the Customer, or its agent or employees.
- The Supplier shall not be liable to the Customer or be deemed to be in breach of these terms and conditions by reason of any delay in performing, or any failure to perform, any of the Supplier's obligations if the delay or failure was due to any cause beyond the Supplier's reasonable control.
- The Customer is responsible for ensuring that the goods supplied are suitable for the purpose intended. The Supplier, whilst making all reasonable efforts to ensure that goods supplied meet the requirements of the Customer, shall not be liable to the Customer for any losses should suitability not have been verified prior to use.
- Product images are for illustrative purposes only and may differ from the actual product.
- We reserve the right to make design or product alterations or to discontinue any product without prior notification.